We celebrated Brian's 28th birthday last week...

...and I forgot the candles. If you can't tell, these are matches in the shape of a 2 and an 8. The matches were so close together that when we began to light them the flames merged and made a bonfire on the cake, carmelizing the cool whip frosting. Needless to say, the birthday song was sung very quickly and we had no time for a picture of Brian blowing out the candles.
...and I forgot the candles. If you can't tell, these are matches in the shape of a 2 and an 8. The matches were so close together that when we began to light them the flames merged and made a bonfire on the cake, carmelizing the cool whip frosting. Needless to say, the birthday song was sung very quickly and we had no time for a picture of Brian blowing out the candles.
And here is his present (please ignore the messy counter; we're in the middle of a move). Brian got his very first fish tank. He would have preferred a 55 gallon, but I say you have to crawl before you walk, and I'm not confident in my ability to help care for a fish. In college my roommates and I decided to buy some 99 cent goldfish at walmart. They didn't last very long. Maybe they were allergic to something in their fish food, or maybe they couldn't handle the occasional playdates with Megan's beta fish. I don't know. But we joked forever afterwards that our apartment was haunted by ghost fish. I never really got attached to them though. I can't even remember the name of my fish. Becca, do you remember the names of any of our fish?
Anyway, for me, it's pets or kids; not both. I just can't keep up with the needs of both, but Brian assures me that he'll keep up with the fish. I don't know if you can tell, but there's no water in the tank. I figure we'll keep an empty tank for a while, then maybe we'll fill it with water and let that sit for a couple weeks. So I'm going to have to do more than crawl before I walk. I'm going have to roll over, then scoot, then crawl, then walk.
And lest you missed the side-note about moving, I'll say it again. We are moving! Brian is applying to go back to school for his MBA, so we're going back to Idaho! Yeah! We're very excited. In the picture, Aaron and I are making biscuits, trying our best to use up some of the food in our cupboards so we don't have to move it.

6 comments:
Hey Collette, What part of Idaho are you moving to? It would be great to see you again!
~Heather Bowman~
Back to Idaho, eh? Good luck! And happy belated birthday to Brian!
Ha ha, I think my fish was named bubbles or something like that. Yeah we were not very good with fish! lol So when you say Idaho... do you mean Boise? or Moscow? I will try not to get my hopes up until I hear back from you! lol I need my Collette fix again! lol Hope the move goes well! I was going to ask for you address to send a baby announcement (madison is finally here! you can check out my blog for all the fun!) but I guess I will wait to send it out depending on when you are moving!
LOL, I love you more than words can say my dear. I was laughing right out loud about the match bonfire cake. AWESOME!
Hey Collette, I hope things are going well...just wanted to give you the link to my blog it's...
http://jenn-jennslife.blogspot.com/
We miss you guys! Natalie's misses her little buddy in the gym for Priesthood!
Hope you made it out safe and sound, and are settling in ok.
Post a Comment