Tuesday, August 5, 2008

BreeAnna's New Chair and Percy Cake

BreeAnna found a new use for her carseat.


This is her new reading chair. The chair was not actually the best part of this story. If I could figure out how to post videos I'd have taken one of her while I read her this book. This is "Five Little Monkeys", you know, the story of the 5 monkeys jumping on the bed. Every time I say, "one fell off and bumped her head" she says, "Ow!" Then when I say "No more monkey's jumping on the bed" she violently shakes her head back and forth. It's great.

And my parenting tip for the day: Personification
I made zucchini bread trying to get some green vegetables in my kids. Aaron is pretty picky about new foods. So how did I get him to try it? I told him it was Percy cake. Percy is a green tank engine and good friend of Thomas. I showed him the green specks in the bread and said, "See, this is Percy cake." Voila! It's his new favorite snack. The same thing happened with his new shoes from Grandma. He prefers familiar things, and he wanted nothing to do with these new shoes until I called them Thomas shoes (because they're blue).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I love how she's sitting in her car seat upside down. So cute!

I have to do similar things with my kids to get them to try new things. There was a time when I was trying to get Asher to do something, and Kyrie corrected me and said I was lying to him. I told her I wasn't lying, I was embellishing. Very different. :)

Oh, and it's really easy to upload videos onto your blog! Let me know if you need any help!