Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Sticky Situation and other BreeAnna News

For some reason, my child doesn't like to eat things from a spoon. She'll eat anything if she can hold it herself and if it's not sticky or slimy. Yesterday, I finally got her to eat some oatmeal off of a spoon (probably because she could see it was big people food because I took it from Aaron's bowl).

After a few bites, of coarse, she insisted on wielding the spoon for herself, and this is what she did with it. It stayed for quite a while.

And this is what she thought of the oatmeal. Not really. She liked it pretty well.
In other BreeAnna news, she is officially walking. She gets up from the floor by herself and can make it wherever she wants to go as long as Aaron doesn't pick her up en route. She also got a third tooth on the top this week so she's all ready for some cake on her birthday. She also tried to escape this week. Aaron learned to unlock and open the front door and he left it open yesterday morning. We heard a knock on the door at about 8:30 in the morning and when Brian went to investigate he found our neighbor standing white faced at our door holding our baby. She'd been on her way to her car when she saw BreeAnna at the top of the stairs to our apartment trying to go down the first one. For anyone who has been to our apartments you know how dangerous this is for a baby as we live on the third floor. Thankfully, she ran up and rescued her. We are very grateful for caring neighbors.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kalia said...

So, I swore I was staring at Collette at the Tempe, AZ Big Surf park the other day. She had a baby with her too, but I thought it might have been a boy baby, not real sure, cute though. But, I couldn't find Brian, she was with some other guy; tall, dark, and handsome, and I couldn't see Aaron anywhere either. It was the weirdest thing, I did a quadruple take and she looked at me probably because I was staring, it seemed for a minute that maybe it was Collette and she was trying to remember where she recognized me from, so it was really crazy. I thought I should just go up and ask if she's related and if it's her it's her, and if not maybe there is a twin or sister. So, any relatives here? -Kalia