Meanwhile, Aaron and I got the flu. I called my visiting teacher to help me put the kids to bed Friday night. She and her daughter and her daughter's friend stayed all night and left at 5:30 AM for work, bless their hearts. We called a friend's husband to give me a blessing and he brought the bishop along because they are neighbors. After the blessing my nausea left almost immediately, so miracles do happen. After that I was just exhausted. I figured since I wasn't exactly nauseous on Saturday that I probably had food poisoning so we went to a birthday party that afternoon because it was easier than trying to keep Aaron locked up in the house all day and they had air conditioning. He had a blast, but then I took him home, put him to bed and he got up at 9:00ish and threw up.
He was such a brave boy. This is the second time this month he has had the flu (FYI: he did have flu shots this year) and the last time he was absolutely terrified that his body could do such a terrible thing. This time he calmly continued to get up and walk to the bathroom and lean over the toilet, waiting for the inevitable. A couple of times he said, "I don't like it," but otherwise he just got on with it. He threw up once more that evening and then slept on the hall floor with me until Brian got home.
Aaron got up this morning and asked for oatmeal and crackers so apparently he's over it. I still feel some lingering fatigue because I can't seem to get more than 2 hours sleep at a time. I am so grateful for all of the caring people who helped me out over this miserable weekend. It could have been a lot worse without all of their support. And I'm so glad Brian is home.
And the picture...
No, this picture is not from this weekend, but I know a few people who don't like to read a lot of text. They just want to see their Grand kids. A friend of mine took this picture of Aaron for me when we went to her house for a play date. The little girl in the pool is Aaron's buddy Bristol. They talk about each other all the time, but they only play together if other kids aren't around. Bristol is a regular character in our stories when Aaron and I play with his train set. He has named his blue engine "Bristol-Thomas."
BreeAnna is predominantly walking now, unless Dad is chasing her. She tried running from him today and took a spill that scared her, so she decided it's faster to crawl when under fire. Our friends say she looks like a little wind up doll when she walks because she doesn't look big enough to do it. But she is, and she's so proud. When we get some batteries for our camera I'll post some video of it.

2 comments:
FYI-Flu shots protect against last year's avian flu, which is predominantly a respiratory flu-not the stomach flu. So, all of us with or without flu shots are C.O.L. when it comes to the stomach bugs. Thought you'd like to know.
My heavens what an awful weekend to have your husband away! I am glad you had some friends to help out! I hope you are all doing better now!
Post a Comment