Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Aaron Skis?

Yes, Aaron skis....sort of.
Grandpa took Aaron and me skiing for our first time ever. He said Aaron was really patient, and focused. By the end of the evening he was no longer getting tangled up and could walk on his skis tolerably well...
And so could I. The nice thing about learning to ski at 25 instead of 15 is that you're not quite as embarrassed. I didn't do too bad. The skiing wasn't so much of a problem...it was the stopping that was the problem.
Here we are taking off the skis. Aaron doesn't yet know that, because if he did then he would have been screaming. Each time he went down the bunny slope he would ask to go up the big mountain on the chairs. We explained that he wasn't quite good enough for that. I later found out that I was also not good enough for that. I fell probably every 10 feet.
But at least I had a good attitude about it. It was a lot of fun. As you can see from Aaron's smile.
Aaron had so much fun that, when I put him in his bed (he had fallen asleep in the car) he was muttering in his sleep, "I want to ski, I want to ski." Thanks, Grandpa. We had a blast.

1 comment:

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

So fun! And now I'm wondering if it's not too late for me to try it after all... I think you're absolutely right about it being better than when we're 15 because we're not embarrassed!